Genegoggle is a precision medicine biotech company with the goal of discovering novel therapeutics and intelligent systems to improve human health by leveraging multi-dimensional genomic and epigenetic elements.
We apply interdisciplinary expertise and multi-omic strategies to precision medicine and chronic diseases on the Earth and beyond.
At Genegoggle our mission is to enhance the understanding of the human genome and provide platform to support human health. Our personalized approach is powered by artificial intelligence. Our team gather deep expertise in epigenetics, computational biology, machine learning, software engineering and data visualization to mark new directions in medical genomics.
Epigenetics is the regulation of gene expression through changes in the DNA or associated factors (other than the DNA sequence itself). All cells of the body have essentially the same DNA, yet different tissues serve different functions thanks to epigenetic mechanisms. These factors control not only the cell fate, but also diverse manifestations of many diseases. Insights into epigenetic processes will lead to new therapeutic approaches. The epigenetic processes shape the cell behavior through regions of the DNA chain called the regulatory elements.
The vast majority of the medical techniques used nowadays are focused on the 2% of the genome that constitutes of the genes. For the long time the remaining 98% was recognized as the junk DNA. However, it has been proven that this part is crucial for regulation of cellular processes. Extracellular factors have a profound effect on cell behavior stimulating activation of the regulatory elements. We believe that regulatory elements should be treated with the same attention as coding regions.
Having that in mind, at Genegoggle we have created Genegoggle Epigenetic Viewer (GEV) - a tool that allows to visualize and inspect the shape of the DNA as it is packaged in the cell nucleus. The tool is sort of an epigenetic microscope or epigenetic browser enabling analysis of the 3D DNA structure, identifying the epigenetic modifications, mutations, comparing various types of cells, measuring the distances between genomic regions of interest in the 3D space and more generally understanding the current state of the chromatin. GEV is a prelude to novel epigenetics-based applications such as gene editing targets identifications, DNA damage inspection for example for space travelling purposes, selective drug activation and many others.
Healthcare is rapidly moving towards precision medicine, which allows doctors to select therapeutics based on a detailed understanding of the patient’s disease, and to create personalized treatment plans. This is crucial for eliminating ineffective plans, for minimizing suffering related to unintended side effects and for reducing treatment costs . The first developed therapies that follow these intentions have already proven to be effective and safe. The successes have boosted the market in the recent years.
The precision medicine market has emerged in 2003 and according to Global Market Insights report it’s value exceeded USD 52 billion in 2020 and will continue to grow at a CAGR of over 11.5% from 2021 to 2027 to reach USD 112 billion . One of the key drivers of the market is advancement in next-generation sequencing, that since 2003 reduced the cost of sequencing the human genome by about 1,00,000-fold. In addition, recent progress in machine learning technics opened new possibilities to benefit from personalized, genomic and epigenetic data.
Genegoggle is a science-based company, where state-of-the-art biomedical approaches meet artificial intelligence solutions to expand the current standard of care. With a clear business goals and introduction of intelligent precision medicine our multi-disciplinary team is focused on providing diagnostic tools, identifying epigenetic targets and developing treatment solution.
As a socially responsible company with ambition to contribute to improving human health worldwide we focus on a few simple but well established and powerful rules.
Primum non nocere[Hippocrates] (First, do not harm) – down the road we are going to develop diagnostic tools and therapeutic methods. Regardless our passion to knowledge and science we will always put the patient’s wellbeing first.
Prejudice is an opinion without judgement[Voltaire] - in our organization there is no room for any kind of discrimination and tolerance is one of the integral elements of the company’s ethical spine cord.
Time is money[Benjamin Franklin] and money begets money[Muhammad Yunus] - we don’t want to waste neither the time nor the money of our investors. Having in mind all the above, we will keep in check our scientific nature and we will take actions that have economic justification.
Get in Touch
We’re happy to hear from you. Contact us today to learn more about our business and how you can benefit from working with us.